Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cheers.

And so it begins: yet another transition. Another series of beginnings. A new city, a new home. The uncharted territory of a new life that's just ... different. But for the first time in a long time, I feel free. It's exhilarating. 

If there is one thing that I've come to appreciate, it's the art of being honest with yourself. And after years of being dishonest with myself, I find that taking that gut-wrenching look at yourself in the mirror and asking yourself those painful questions (that you already know the answer to), is the way you find your path and a place of peace. It's the way you set yourself free. 

I love to write. I find writing to be one of the most therapeutic forms of self-expression. Life can be ugly and beautiful ... and really ugly. Somehow writing about the truth seems to be a gutsy way to process, reflect and find humor in what would otherwise be a senseless-and at times-relentless stream of experiences. 

I used to write quite often and I miss it. Somewhere in between the hustle and bustle of college, graduate school and grief, I gave up writing for the sake of writing. Yet, as is true with time, we are often drawn back to the things we love. 

So, cheers: to new beginnings, old pastimes, writing for the sake of writing, and by doing so, asking the hard questions. 

Grace & Peace
{MaryAbbs}

2 comments:

  1. love it and love your writing, I am excited to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so thankful to be reading your musings again, sweet Abigail. Write on!! And thank you following my blog. I've been in a dry spell but need to warm up my voice and start "singing" again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete